Q&A: gap year

My daughter finishes her bac next September and is planning to go on to a French university. However, she would like to take a gap year like her friends back in the UK. Can you do this in France?

A: Taking a gap year is still pretty unusual in France but the idea is slowly gaining popularity as more French students do it. So, yes, you can take a bac year without affecting your university entrance or your grant entitlements. However, you can't apply for a deferred entry int he way you can in the UK. In other words, your daughter will not be able to apply for a university place in 2013 to take up in 2014. She will have to apply in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't post anonymous comments - makes the site look dodgy! Go to name/URL when you post and leave a name. Thanks