Q&A: babysitting insurance

My daughter has just been asked to do some babysitting for French friends. Is it true that she needs to take out special insurance to do this? 

A: So long as this is only an occasional activity, no, you don't need special insurance as your daughter will be covered by your own (i.e. her parents') 'responsabilité civile' insurance (usually part of your home insurance).
However, check your small print, or with your insurer, as some policies may specify a maximum number of hours of babysitting for which she is covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't post anonymous comments - makes the site look dodgy! Go to name/URL when you post and leave a name. Thanks